Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Seattle

Seattle blog, day 1

My friend with very good advice recommended that I take the float plane from the island to Seattle instead of traveling through Victoria and takig the 4 hr ferry down. It would have been 2 ferries and a bus trip. The float plane was a blast! I had taken a float plane once before, but this time was even more fun as it was a much smaller plane this time (6 passenger), and I was the only passenger on it! The coolest bit is that since I was the only passenger and the pilot didn’t have a co-pilot, I got to sit in the front co-pilot seat. It is definitely a *much* better view from up front then from any of the passenger seals! The pilot that I flew with had been doing this job for over 20 years, so she gave me the grand tour and listed off most of the islands along the route. The flight took an hour and was one of the smoothest flights I have ever flown.

Fortunately getting through customs was as easy as ever with just a couple of questions, and only a few minutes. So now I am sitting outside the floatplane airline building and disappointed that more and more people are securing their wireless networks these days. There will be sushi involved soon, and I can’t wait, since sushi back on the island is only so so; I usually just make my own. Seattle has some of the best sushi restaurants I have ever tried! It will be my bday sushi dinner, so extra yummy I figure.

Well as it ended up, we went for east Indian as the sushi places weren’t open for dinner yet, then we both crashed for the night (he had been working swing shifts and was tired as well).

Seattle day 2

On Saturday H and I went out for sushi dinner to the best (as far as we know) sushi place in Seattle. Then we went off to see a movie. The movie was 3000, and I actually liked it. I can’t stand most movies so this is definitely saying something. Now why everyone had dreadlocks is beyond me though! The film also portrayed the ancient Egyptians as overtly neurotic and lame lol. We also got a lot of my shopping for the trip out of the way, boring shit like sandals, water purification tablets, sun screen and so on.

On Sunday we again went for sushi. You can never have too much sushi we figure. It was one of those places where your sushi travels on by as it goes around the restaurant and you choose which ones you want to eat and grab them. We also fortunately found some perfect pendants for the talismans we wished to make. Sunday was pouring down rain, so we didn’t go for the walk and the drink we were planning for easter.

No comments: